About our Apprenticeships
Progress through an apprenticeship
- Guidance and advice on engineering apprenticeship from GTD.
- Complete GTD application form.
- Submit application form to GTD.
- GTD sifts and matches applications to vacancies in group members.
- Applications sent to group members.
- Group members carry out interview of applicants.
- Group members offer job to applicant.
- Unsuccessful applicants sorted and sent back out to other members.
- All new applicants start in employment.
- Induction and diagnostic training take place.
- Apprentices registered with LSC.
- Apprentices registered with college for technical certificate i.e. National Certificate or City and Guilds.
- Apprentices registered with EMTA awards for key skills, and PEO level 2.
- Apprentices attend day release one day per week for technical certificates until completed.
- Monthly assessment visits take place in company to check progress. (Assessor).
- Quarterly monitoring visits take place to check progress and welfare of apprentice. (Training manager).
- Once key skills/PEO completed NVQ 3 in specific area is chosen and registered.
- All qualifications assessed and verified by assessor and training manager of GTD.
- NVQ III completed.
- Apprentice complete with either advanced engineering apprenticeship or engineering apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships on Offer
GTD offer apprenticeships in the following areas
Set and operate:
- Manual lathers
- Manual mills
- Drilling Machines
- Computer numerical controlled (CNC) lathes
- Computer numerically controlled mills
- Computer numerically controlled machining centres
- Assembly electronic components
- Assembly electronic products
- Loading printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Soldering PCB's
- Flow soldering
- Surface mount technology
- Testing products
- Assembling mechanical components
- Assembling mechanical products
- Wiring products
- Testing products
- Using: manual folders
- Manual benders
- Manual guillotine
- Manual press brakes
- Using: CNC folders
- CNC benders
- CNC guillotines
- CNC press brakes
- Forming sheet metal products
- TIG welding
- MIG welding
- Testing electronic components
- Testing electronic products
- Testing mechanical components
- Testing mechanical products
- Computer aided design (CAD)
- Process control
- Production engineering
- Customer liaison
Group Training and Development Ltd,
PO Box 113, Saint Teath, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL30 3WA, UK
+44 7973 565 811 | email: email@example.com